Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August Garment of the Month - Playsuit plan...





August, and time to think about my Garment of the Month. Since it is so wet and hot and buggy and generally awful outside, I think I'll just stretch my already bent mind and sew something really challenging! A playsuit jumpsuit...

Got to stay on trend, right? More than that, I really like jumpsuits. They remind me of the 80's, when I wore them a lot. Well, as much as my budget allowed - the long ones, with buckles and cargo pockets and zippers, done in cottons and khakis, could be expensive! 

In the last two years I've managed to collect four jumpsuit patterns, and I've even put a few on my Pinterest board. I just haven't sewn one.

Chicken.









I finally settled on this pattern from Salme. I really like the off-shoulder 'cap' sleeve, pockets, and belted waist. It also looks a little more finished than many of the patterns coming out from the Big 4 this summer.


And I found this cute calico fabric, Domestic Bliss, from eQuilter. It's about as close as I'll come to sewing a 'sewing theme' fabric - something I've always wanted to do, but this is the first print I've liked.


In case you're wondering, no, I won't be doing shorts! I like long jumpsuits, so I'll be doing my usual redrafting thing. But I think it's going to be a fun project.

Bye for now! Coco

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the longer length will look lovely on you ... can't wait to see it ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I agree, of the selection available the Salme is looks the nicest. Cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I can't wait to see this! I've made the kiddie version a few times and it worked out beautifully! A winner in my house. I tried this one about a year ago but I think my fabric choice was a disaster - and perhaps I didn't fit it properly. I keep meaning to pull it out again but my first go put me off. Hoping you will be the catalyst now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! I only had a couple of jumpsuits back in the day--some good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh...the other day someone was here talking about making a jumpsuit. I've lost it because I don't remember who it was...not good! That jumpsuit is cute...the fabric is VERY nice and it will look nice on you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco