Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds...



  



What a lovely play and movie. I added a note below in case you're unfamiliar with this story.

Here's what made me think of this...

After a bone-density test yesterday, a simple low-dose x-ray, I went to JoAnn's for just two items - thread to match two garments I'm sewing.

I came home with this. Lots of buttons and one spool of thread.



Must be the gamma rays...Ciao! Coco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* From Wikipedia: "The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds is a 1964 play written by Paul Zindel, a playwright and science teacher. Zindel received the 1971 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and a New York Drama Critics' Circle Award for the work. The play's world premiere was staged in 1964 at the Alley Theatre in Houston, after which it premiered in New York City Off Broadway. It was adapted for the screen in 1972, directed by Paul Newman and starring his wife Joanne Woodward, daughter Nell Potts, and Roberta Wallach, daughter of Eli Wallach. Woodward won the award for Best Actress at the 1973 Cannes Film Festival."

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you combined in this post. Wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read that book, but I remember reading The Pigman (also by Paul Zindel) over and over when I was younger. I am planning a trip to Joann's later this week but I doubt I will come out with LESS than I need:)

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco