Friday, March 8, 2013

All's good in the Loft...

Before another minute goes by, I want to thank you for the kind comments and best wishes on my birthday - you added so much to my enjoyment and appreciation of that special time.

Well, no finished garment to show this weekend - since I buried that wadder blouse at the bottom of my closet. But I am busy busy with Vogue 8876...in my sewing table picture at right. Here's a preview of my fabric:

Diamond stripe cotton poplin
Robert Kaufman Mini Dot
I'm also using white broadcloth for the pockets and the facings on the poplin. I think that self-facing would cause print shadows on the right side.

The poplin pieces are all cut out, but the mini dot is at the post office waiting to be delivered. I know this because I'm tracking it! It has been there since 3:11 a.m. today! What are they thinking? why didn't it come to my house today? oh!

I've passed the day reading about the Kwik Sew 3703 maxi dress and the Mission Maxi. I'm feeling in the mood to sew some dresses, get back to my favorite things. 

Both of these dresses are so pretty and so popular with sewists. Both have racer backs and scoop necks, but the Kwik Sew is the less form-fitting of the two. ummm - yes, I'm planning a muslin with the Kwik Sew pattern. I have a nice midweight cotton jersey that will let me concentrate on fitting rather than fussing!

Kwik Sew 3703
The dress is really much prettier
than these examples!
Jamie Christina Mission Maxi


I hope everyone has a lovely weekend - Bye for now, Coco

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a lovely birthday and as for the post office .... they are the same here too, especially when you are waiting for something to arrive.

    Love the KS pattern - some nice reviews on PR on this dress - look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco