Friday, May 11, 2012

Kwik Sew 3871 Misses Dresses On a Rainy Day


 
Such a rainy week! But I love it for my garden. So I decided to take pictures in the rain, not the best photos of me but my cheerful dress would show nicely. This simple tank dress from Kwik Sew is quickly becoming a favorite with me. This version, in Tonga Batik City Abstract, 100 % cotton, is my first, and I do not want to take it off. I am wearing it again today as I type!

It is a simple a-line, has no darts, and has a well-balanced scoop front and back neckline. Neither is too low. And it has side-seam pockets! I sew a 14/40 and, after measuring the pieces, traced a Small in this pattern. The armscye is perfect! Always such a relief  not to have to alter in this area.


Usually at this point I would show more aspects of the dress...but my photo session took a very different turn yesterday. Here's is what transpired in pics:








Zebra butterflies sheltering from the rain. A gift.

Coco

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous thanks for sharing .making it as we speak , bought this pattern yesterday at hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco